Computing and technology
Computing has been a passion ever since I put together my first desktop in fifth grade, and has only grown over time as I’ve become more embedded in the enthusiast computing world. My staff writer position at Digital Trends afforded me the opportunity to review the latest products and attend in-depth press events and conferences for major players in the space, including Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Oculus, and Microsoft Game Studios.
- AMD’s Threadripper makes buying a CPU exciting again
- Portland is Keeping Uber out, so we Took an Illegal Ride
- Build Your Own PC and Earn Some Serious Geek Cred
As part of my role at Digital Trends, I was also asked to stand in front of the camera and provide succinct product review videos and instructional guides, edited by an outstanding team of producers.
- Acer’s $9,000 Predator 21 X spits in the face of moderation, and we love it
- The World May Not be Ready for Logitech’s 4K Brio Webcam
- Razer’s Project Ariana Packs in the Wow Factor
In addition to regular news, reviews, and op-eds for Digital Trends, I also co-hosted the weekly computing podcast, Close to the Metal. Each episode dug deep into a single issue, exploring as many facets as we could, and taking viewer questions while streaming live to Facebook and YouTube.
As the world of herbal vaping has grown, so has the interest in technology and major players in the field. In the Planet of the Vapes online vape store’s blog, I run hands-on tests, snap photos, and review the clouds of the latest and greatest from PAX, Storz & Bickel, and Arizer.
High-end computing and gaming go hand-in-hand, and my writing has taken me to major gaming conventions for the last several years. I’ve attended Pax West, E3, and Oculus Connect to experience the latest games, and enjoyed interviews with prominent developers, engineers, and representatives in the space.
- PC Gaming and Nintendo are Tighter than the Mario Brothers
- How to Conquer Blizzard’s ‘Overwatch,’ Even on a Wimpy Gaming PC
- Hackers Ran up the Bill on my Playstation Account, and Sony Held it Ransom
- Interview with Brendan Greene – AKA PlayerUnknown
In addition to writing and editing, I also play Magic: the Gathering Arena and Warframe on Twitch. I’m typically live by 3 PM Pacific, Monday through Thursday.